Monday, June 28, 2010

What are the sounds of Heaven?

We will sing, sing, sing
And make music with the heavens
We will
sing, sing, singGrateful that You hear us
When we shout your praise
Lift high the name of Jesus

What's not to love about You?
Heaven and earth adore You
Kings and kingdoms bow down
Son of God, You are the One
You are the One we're living for

You are the love that frees us
You are the light that leads us
Like a fire burning
Son of God, You are the one
You are the one we're living for

Two Fridays ago I was at the Chris Tomlin/Toby Mac concert with my best friend, Megan. I can't even explain how powerful it is to hear thousands of people praising the Lord. As we were singing Jesus Messiah, I got tears in my eyes and as I slowly opened them and began to gaze around me thousands of hands were lifted high above their heads as if they were trying to pour out all they could to their great Lord in Heaven. I get goosebumps just remembering it. I had this thought, "Is this what Heaven will be like?" People stretching their hands out to Jesus, praising Him for eternity? I don't think we can really know what it will be like but I think if I had to imagine that is how I would imagine it to be. When you love something the way we love Jesus how can you not sing? But then Toby Mac came out. Everyone was still worshiping, no doubt, but instead of swaying back and worth with their hands lifted high there was more jumping up and down, dancing and clapping. It was so fun but it made me think about the elders at my church. They wouldn't like it...although praises to Jesus, it is not how they praise Him. Heaven will be filled with millions of people, all sorts of people praising Jesus together. Have you ever thought about what that will sound like? Look like? Do you think it is anything like we do on earth? Do you think it will be gospel, christian rap, rock, contemporary, worship? Or maybe we will have a new kind of worship...a worship made just for us to bring just to Jesus. It will be like our own love language to Him that we will only know once we are in His presence. :) I don't know...but it sure fun to think about and all I know is that I can't wait to find out one day. Until then I will praise Him the way I know how here on earth, anticipating the day I can praise in Heaven.

Your love is amazing, steady and unchanging

Your love is a mountain, firm beneath my feet
Your love is a mystery, how you gently lift me
When I am surrounded, your love carries me

Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, your love makes me sing
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, your love makes me sing

Your love is surprising, I can feel it rising
All the joy that's growing deep inside of me
Every time I see you, all your goodness shines through
And I can feel this God song, rising up in me


Yes, you make me sing
Lord, you make me sing, sing, sing
How you make me sing

3 comments:

  1. One day we will all sing the same song and whatever the type of worship it is won't matter. It will be be glorious. I love you babe. Thanks for always inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the best part mom, is that you and I will sound beautiful together...it won't be like Sunday morning worship at Chapel. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to meet you! Waiting is my theme right now! Life is full of it but I think at this point in my life it seems to be previlant!
    I agree with you on worship. I love worshipping with different genres! I love that God is not praised simply through classical hymms, or southern gospel, or what ever! I love especially when I worship with other languages!

    ReplyDelete