Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Strange Inheritance

I tried something the other day. Throughout the entire day I checked my thoughts. As I did this I realized how much my thoughts drifted away from things of the Lord. Not that my thoughts were bad, just things of myself, of this world. So then I tried to recognize throughout the week the moments when I needed the Lord. Sometimes I felt like I was in a war between needing the Lord but not wanting Him. Why is it that we as humans think that we don't need God in our lives? But the more we think this, the more we need him. How amazing is it that the Lord still wants us as we continue to push Him to the side? It got me to thinking about a section in the Crazy Love book I read. It was one of my favorite sections and really stood out to me.

"The very fact that a holy, eternal, all-knowing, all-powerful, merciful, fair, and just God loves you and me is nothing short of astonishing. The wildest past is that Jesus doesn't HAVE to love us. His being is utterly complete and perfect, apart from humanity. He doesn't need me or you. Yet He wants us, chooses us, even considers us His inheritance (Eph. 1:18). The greatest knowledge we can ever have is knowing God treasures us. That really is amazing beyond description. The holy Creator sees you as His "glorious inheritance." The irony is that while God doesn't need us but still wants us, we desperately need God but don't really want Him most of the time. He treasures us and anticipates our departure from this earth to be with Him-and we wonder, indifferently, how much we have to do for Him to get by."

My prayer for myself and for you is that we would look to His return and our departure from this earth as well. Instead of being so concerned with the things of this world and being consumed with our own lives I pray that we would be fully obsessed and consumed with the Lord and His Kingdom. I pray that while on this earth we would look to what we could do for Him and how we can bring glory to His name. The Lord will bring good things to those who love Him. He wants us...all of us. So what are we waiting for? Run to Him and give Him your all, after all He did that for you didn't He?

1 comment:

  1. Jess, I know you don't think that I read your blog, but guess what...I do. I always get enjoyment out of reading it. I think they are always so wise beyond your years and so filled with pure love and joy for our Saviour. Thank you for always inspiring me and reminding just how much God loves me. I love you.

    ReplyDelete