Tuesday, March 2, 2010

On the search...

According to Webster's online dictionary peace is defined as, a state of tranquillity or quiet or harmony in personal relations.
Job 22:21 says, "Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you."
Romans 5:1 says, "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."
Romans 12:18, "If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."
Romans 15:13, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

The bible speaks of peace all through out the old and new testament. God is described as a God of peace. Romans 5:1 says that we can have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ . Romans also tells us to live at peace with everyone as far as it depends on us. But what is peace really? Do you ever feel like you are always on the search for it? Life gets hectic and busy and a moment of peace seems so far away and so unattainable at times. I find myself on the search for peace all the time. I am looking to follow the Lord's will in the fall, "Lord God give me peace about a decision." I have conflict within myself with people, "Lord, help me to live in peace with this person." So much of our life is spent looking for something...looking for anything to give us peace. Why are always looking? Why are we constantly on the search? When I am racking my brain and going to every friend of mine for advice and counsel and hopefully a peace over my life I am quickly reminded that God is a God of peace. He tells us in His word to be still and know that He is God. Someone times I just feel so foolish knowing that this peace that I am constantly on the search for is right there in my Lord Jesus Christ.

That is just something that the Lord has been teaching my lately. I am so thankful He continues to teach us things daily. :) I have so much to learn still...

1 comment:

  1. dictionary.com says...paece is - "a state of mutual harmony between people or groups, esp. in personal relations...freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety, an obsession...a state of tranquillity or serenity...silence, stillness."

    but not anywhere in that did it say where you can find that peace...you can only find the ulitmate peace from God the Father. You can find temporary peace from earthly things, but you will never find eternal peace until you take everything to the Lord.

    You are an amazing friend, you have such a great heart. I know right now it may not be at ease but know I am praying for you and I love you tons! I am blessed to have you in my life.
    <3

    ReplyDelete