Friday, October 11, 2013

I AM IN LOVE



Just a short blog tonight. I am so happy to know that people are reading which is why I am going to blog tonight despite my exhaustion. I hope that you are getting just a small glimpse into our time here in Italy. Nothing I say can fully describe this amazing country.

I am in love with Florence. What a wonderful experience Florence has been. Today we got up early and we went to see the famous statue of David done by Michelangelo. It was so fascinating. It was so wonderful to sit and view the sculpture and listen to the stories of David from the Bible. I enjoy the Christian history most from Italy. I prefer Florence over Rome. It is smaller and slower paced and the people have a charm about them. They are friendly and helpful to the tourists and the buildings are so majestic. I could not stop taking photos of the detailed buildings. I could have just spent the day walking around and exploring the streets. We had breakfast at a nice small cafe. This is where we met Fabio. We have enjoyed talking to the younger Italian waiters. They have been so friendly and charming. We spent the rest of our day window shopping and then wandering the market. Florence is famous for their leather. We went from leather shop to leather shop trying to make deals with the people on different leather items. After much debate and a cappiciouno later (paid for by the shop owner) my Grandma and I walked away with two leather jackets! Success! We were supposed to rent a car in Florence and head to Lucca in the Tuscany region today but we were having too much fun in Florence so we changed our Lucca reservations and we booked another night in Florence! After enjoying a wonderful dinner of tortellini filled with cheese and pear and a mint chocolate gelato I am now in bed exhausted and excited for one more day in Florence. 


Fabio! 



The magnificent David. 


Florence (not even doing this street justice). Pictures to come on facebook after our return home.


Grandma's cappiciouno that the leather guys bought for her.




No comments:

Post a Comment