Friday, June 24, 2011

The Power of a Story

Something that we have been doing over the entire time of our project is preparing our personal testimony or our stories. The intention behind this was so that we could use our personal stories to witness to others. And then we all signed up for different nights to share them with the group. I have enjoyed hearing others stories so much. It is always so encouraging to hear the way that the Lord has worked in others lives. Not only that but it really helps to understand people better when you know a little more about what their life has looked like before you became a part of their story. And that is the cool thing about a personal story, it keeps growing. God continues to write our stories as we continue to live here on earth. And so when people come into our lives they add to our story. Another thing that I loved about preparing to share my story is that it is such a wonderful and sweet reminder of what the Lord has done in my own life. It is so great to be reminded of the gospel and how that has impacted my own life and then of course to take a look at where the Lord has brought me and who He has been growing me into today. Something that really struck me as I was preparing my testimony is that even though this may be our story this is really God's story and we are all just a small part, a small chapter in God's story. How cool is that? We are being written in the book that God is writing so to speak. We are part of His story. I feel so honored and so privileged to be a part of His story! Maybe you are not doing a summer project or in a place where you have to prepare your testimony but I would like to encourage all of you to do just that. Recall where you were before God grabbed a hold of your heart and your life. Remember how He brought you to Himself. Take another look at the different areas in your life that God has transformed. It is such a sweet reminder.

1 comment:

  1. Hey babe, glad to see you blog. I wish I could have been there to hear your testimony, but I KNOW it's good. I know that this is going to be a hard week being the last week, so I will be praying for you. Enjoy the week and all your new friends. I love you and can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete