Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Time For Everything

So it has been over two months since my last post. I won't even begin to try and catch you up on my last two months. The main thing that happened was graduation. That's right, the last time you read my blog you were talking to "A College Graduate Bound Jessica Vaeth Who Had No Idea What Her Future Held In The Fall" but now you are reading the blog of a college graduate (B.A. in Psychology thank you very much) who will be attending Lindenwood University in the fall of 2010 and working on her MAC (Master of Arts in Counseling)...FOR FREE. Can you believe that? God is so good to me. And it was all in His perfect timing. Which is something I have been thinking a lot about lately...time.





Time is a weird thing if you really think about it. Have you ever had something that you wanted to accomplish in a certain amount of time...for example...weight loss. I want to lose weight and get into shape because in August (2 months) I will be going to Hawaii!! :) But two months feels so short! I feel like I am running out of time already! But then have you ever had something that you couldn't wait for...for example...seeing your friends or someone special to you. For me it is the people I go to school with and I won't see them for about 2 1/2 months. Do you know how long that seems?? When in reality the time is the same. I guess it is different for everyone. My best friend, Erica is getting married in December. That is 6 1/2 months. That may seem like a long time for her and Matt who probably can't wait to be married but then I think about her mom and dad and brother...I think about how I feel as her best friend and I think...holy cow, 6 1/2 months is hardly any time left with her before she gets married!





I read a verse today about time.


Ecclesiastes 3:11


He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.





Everything has its perfect time. A time to graduate, a time to fall in love, a time to marry, a time to get that perfect job, perfect house, perfect family, a time to spend with family, a time to love....I find comfort in that. The Lord has made everything beautiful in its time. Any other time would not be sufficient because it would not be His timing. So my prayer for myself is that I would live in the moment that the Lord has given me because the things happening in this time are beautiful and I would hate to look back and realize I missed out on God's plan for that time of my life. I pray you would do the same. I think of my readers and the things you look forward to or dread...marriage, Africa, summer work outs, summer wedding planning...whatever it may be just know that the Lord has a time for it all. :)





Ecclesiastes 3:1-3
A Time for Everything


There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build...

3 comments:

  1. i think its amazing the way the Lord teaches us things in similar areas yet completely different in our own lives. one of my favorite verses has to do with time...
    Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
    " (1)There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: (2) a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, (3) a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, (4) a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,(5) a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain,(6) a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, (7) a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, (8) a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."

    love you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just reading about time today in my devotional...and how Abraham and Sarah had to learn to wait on God's set time for their promised son Isaac to be born.
    A quote that I loved from the devotional was this: "Take heart, waiting one, thou waitest for One who cannot disappoint thee; and who will be five minutes behind the appointed moment: ere long 'your sorrow shall be turned to joy.'"
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right, time is a funny thing. I also find it interesting that at the same time, so many people were thinking about time. There has to be some message in that for all of us. Only God has perfect timing and it's up to us to obey and appreciate that. You are wise beyond your years daughter and I love you.

    ReplyDelete